Thursday, September 22, 2011

Stuffed Green Pepper soup

I am the only person in my house who likes green peppers however I could eat them daily. therefore I do not make stuffed peppers rather I make it into a yummy soup. Now with HCG I am sure this could work with phase 2 but it would need to be modified. I love this recipe. I always make a double batch and eat it work weeks. Now with traditional green papers you would add rice however since the HCG is all about cutting out carbs I used miracle rice and it is perfect in this recipe. Again this is a double batch.

Stuffed pepper soup
1/2 pound ground beef
3 green pepper diced
2 cans mushrooms(I use the big cans)
1 can peitie diced tomatoes
1 bottle V8 juice

1. Brown the ground beef and drain all the fat off.
2. While that is cooking diced the peppers into sizes that you like. I used both small and big pieces
3. In the crockpot mix the tomatoes, mushrooms and v8 juice together and add any seasonings you like. Add the peppers and ground beef. Stir Well.
4. Cook on low for 6-8 hours

Calories- 108 for 1 cup

No comments:

Post a Comment