Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Emotional Eater

For most of my adult life I have been` emotional eater. About 4 years ago I realized this and tried to do my best to stop it which helped contribute to my first weight loss however as life has moved on and we are now in a different situation, I was once again finding myself to eat for no reason. The following are my big triggers

* Boredom
* lonely
* sad
* tired
* overwhelmed


These 5 things can have me eating through a bag chips without even realizing it however I have become more aware of it in the last few weeks. This past Sunday was my birthday and my lovely husband brought me cupcakes, and when I say cupcakes I mean 36 cupcakes. There were 4 of us eating them however I did not need that many. Anyways back to Sunday my husband went to bed so that he coud get a few hours of sleep and during that time I was so bored. Instead of finding something else to do I got up and had 4 yes 4 cupcakes. I regretted it the moment it was in my tummy but man they were so yummy.

Yesterday and today we have all been trapped in the home due to a snow/ice storm. I am still working (thanks technology) however my day is still dragging on. Yesterday was a easy day food wise because I knew I needed to get back on track however today has not been so easy. I am so bored that I want to scream and if it were not 19 degrees outside I would take a walk however I decided to write this blog which has helped.

Another way I combat my food craving is cross stitching. Yes I am only 28 but I have been cross stitching since I was like 12. I love it because it is so neat to see something form from string. When I cross stitch I due projects that are big. I have made a wedding one for myself and then I have done several baby announcements. I wish it is something I could do more of however time it tight. Yet when I am cross stitching I lose track of time because you have to keep track of your stitches. This has been a big help for me with my food cravings.

Something else I do if both fail and I have blogged and cross stitch I drink 16 oz of ice cold water. This has been something that helps because most time I am hungry I am really thirsty.

Now if all this fails I will allow myself a small treat. I keep granola bars and fruit roll ups in my house which I eat to curb my craving.

What are some ways you deal with emotional eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment